Monday, January 7, 2008

Bloomberg Bipartisan Forum, January 7th at OU

I went to the Bi-partisan Forum at OU today. It was a little anti-climactic. The expectation was that Bloomberg would declare as a candidate, but he did not.

My impression was that he wants to see who the candidates will be first and that that is still very much in question. IMO, it looks like Obama and McCain although neither are stable front-runners. Obama says politically nieve things at in opportune times and McCain adopted the Iraq War. (Headline announces Obama says if he wins New Hampshire the race is over. A VERY stupid comment for a cnadidate who is reliant upon non-voters voting.)

I think McCain and Obama are consensus building moderates. That pulls the teeth from a Bloomberg candidacy.

That said, I had fun, the speakers were interesting and insighful, I was interviewed by a reporter from the NY times, and got to shake hands with a politician who's career accomplishments I admire--- Bob Graham, former Governor of Florida.

No comments: