Sunday, March 4, 2007

Welcome to the Swizzle Stick

I am consumed by political thoughts and like to weigh in from time to time to try and get a better understanding of what is actually happening in the world of politics. I don't have all the answers, but when I do hear something that rings true, I'll post it for your consideration.

I don't beleive in shouting down other's opinions --- likewise I hope to keep others who pratice that off this blog.

Please pull up a stool, have a cocktail, and join us.

1 comment:

Politico said...

I have decided to move some blog posts over that I wrote a few years back.

I will try to note the posts I move from my other defunct blogs. Many of those posts have an angrier tone. I was younger and a be more easily riled. Additionally, they tend to have a more liberal slant. At the time, I felt that the Democrats could --- if given a chance --- restore the greatness of the America of my youth (= the America that protected personal freedoms and held itself to a moderately high code of morals in dealing with citizens of other countries). I didn't think they'd be exceptional rulers, but I felt they would stand up for those things that all Americans agreed upon at least.

Today I am a little less jazzed by the Democrats. (Blame it on Reid and Pelosi --- probably the worst party leaders of all time.) The Dems are dreamers like me, but the party itself is just as corrupt as the Republicans. I have heard them both referred to as the right and left hands of Corporate and social interest groups and that seems a pretty fair analysis for the parties today.

Adding the older posts will allow you to see the evolution of my thoughs from an angry hardcore DEM to a moderate (although still a left-leaning moderate).

(And probably still an angry one.)

:)